Bottle Works Lofts Development
Groundbreaking for the new Bottleworks Lofts Development is September 28th, 2017.
Highlights of the $13.4 million project include:
- Historic rehabilitation of the Coca-Cola Building, returning it to its original appearance
- New construction of 31 single-family lease-to-purchase homes in the nearby neighborhood
- A total of 62 living units: 31 in the Coca-Cola Building and 31 new homes
- Affordable Housing Units rented to individuals of varying incomes, earning anywhere from 30% to 60% of the Area Median Income
- Amenities including: on-site management, community room, business center, theater, fitness center, gallery area, one garage space per unit, outdoor shelter, indoor and outdoor playground
- Supportive services, such as job training, provided by Vincent Village and other non-profits
- Construction expected to begin January 2017 and be complete by spring 2018
This latest development complements hundreds of millions of dollars invested by the private sector, City government, non-profits and government agencies into the Renaissance Pointe neighborhood. Some of the improvements include new utility lines, sidewalks, a trail, the renovation of former Fire Station #9 into the Renaissance Pointe Urban Farm and Community Center, the 66 lease-to-purchase homes built and managed by Ideal Builders, as well as a new library branch, YMCA and Urban League offices.
Posted in: General